Saturday, May 1, 2010

Quiche

So last week I spaced out and totally forgot about blogs hence I only posted one. I had a topic though and it fit into the theme I'd decided on. The theme for last week was home cooking. Last Saturday I made quiche for my family. I'd always found quiche to be this amazing, wonderful, and impossible thing but as it turns out, quiche was disappointingly simple to make. Not that it wasn't still fun. I made the quiche in a pan that was originally designed for large cupcakes.

First off, I'm going to start by explaining these pans because I find them very important. With your standard large cupcake pan you can make single servings of baked goods. You can make really tall cookies, little pies, and quiche for one. This helps when you only want to make enough for one or two people and you don't particularly want leftovers. The opportunities with these pans are endless.

Now, on to the quiche. I used my favorite pan, the large cupcake one. I made a gluten-free crust with gluten-free baking flour which is just a mix of different gluten-free flours. Then I made some bacon and set it aside where my mom chopped it for me. While my mom chopped I sauteed some chopped spinach in the bacon grease. When this was all good and done my mother and I sauteed some chopped mushrooms in butter. When you've prepared all of your ingredients you can put equal portions in to as many cups as you need to use. Then I sprinkled some cheese and began to prepare my eggs. If anyone recalls, there was a blog done on substitutions, those don't apply here. Please do not use applesauce or bananas instead of eggs. You can but I've never tried it so I'm not making any promises on taste or texture. We (my mother and I) prepared the eggs as if we were making your standard scrambled eggs. Whip some eggs with milk and then add salt and pepper. When this is complete you once again distribute your prepared ingredient into your cupcake pan. All that's left is to wait. We baked our quiche in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then raised it to 400 degrees Fahrenheit but that's only because we were in a hurry, you could easily cook yours at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, it would just take longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment