Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy mother's day to all of the mommas out there. [: I hope everyone celebrated their mom's accordingly, I did. I decided to make mine breakfast after we got home from church. I made sausage, biscuits, and gravy and it was pretty awesome.

This meal plan should have taken about half an hour maybe forty-five minutes but I took about two hours which was damn embarrassing. My step-dad took me to the store to get the ingredients and I came home and began cooking. Naturally, I started with the biscuits and also naturally I made a huge mess with the flour. For those of you who bake you likely know that there are two main types of flour, all-purpose and self-rising. I'm a bit ditsy and used all-purpose instead of self-rising which made my biscuits look like this. I'm sure you can tell which ones rose and which did not.



After this mistake I had to start over and make a new batch. I don't have self-rising flour and for those of you who don't already know, if a recipe calls for self-rising and you only have all-purpose, add about 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder for every cup of flour and also add some salt. I messed up here as well and measured out tablespoons instead of teaspoons. I had to dig out the baking powder and hope that I'd taken the right amount out. At this point my mom had to intervene and help me make breakfast because it was already lunch time.

While I was doing this I had made the sausage and my step-father had previously insisted that the patties were cooked all the way through and after some arguing, I reluctantly took the patties off the stove and set them aside. To my mom's horror, the patties were not cooked all the way and she had to make that as well as the gravy, which she almost ruined.

All in all it was a great mother's day. Tell me about your guys' mother's days.

2 comments:

  1. My family and I went out to eat on the Saturday before mother's day. We talked and had a good time. My dad and I got her a present a couple of days before. It was fun. We are also going to finish celebrating mother's day in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mom, she chaperoned for one of the tag days.

    ReplyDelete