Thursday, May 6, 2010

This blog is rated mature.


Today we have a sexy blog. Aphrodisiacs have been common in ancient cultures for as far back as you can study and it's no surprise considering they were obsessed with sex. Throughout the semester I've typed up a few blogs explaining different ways food affects your body and I think you're ready to learn the art of love and food.

First you need to understand why aphrodisiacs are considered so as well as how they came about. An aphrodisiac is something that arouses sexual desire. We're going to be discussing food aphrodisiacs. Aphrodisiacs were originally classified as such if they promoted sexual desire or fertility or if the shape of the food resembled the male or female genitalia. The ancients (and I presume people in today's time) would eat the fruits in sexually stimulating fashions.

Some foods that will stimulate your lover and your self are the ever popular chocolate, preferably dark, red wine, oysters, and the like. I'm not too into the common stuff so I'm going to skip it and maybe I'll come back to it.

The avocado is considered a sexual stimulant. It has a sensuous texture and the Aztecs called the avocado tree "Ahuacuatl" or testicle tree, because the hanging pairs of avocados resembled, well, testicles, of course. Sweet basil is supposed to boost fertility and stimulate sex drive. It also produces a general sense of well-being for body and mind. This one's a little strange, asparagus. I've mentioned before that asparagus can make you smell and taste funny so be careful. The Gourmet Sleuth says to "feed your lover boiled or steamed spears for a sensuous experience." I'm sorry but I have to take time to point out how strange this is. A spear of asparagus sounds dangerous, first off. It's frightening, to be quite blunt. Picture: "Do you like your asparagus boiled or steamed?"(<- in the sexiest voice your mind can muster) or "Hey, let me feed you these spears of asparagus. Oh yeah, you eat that steamed, bumpy, phallic shaped, green vegetable!" (<- cue whipping) Yeah, no. The asparagus is not gonna do it for me, personally. Coffee is another popular stimulant, mostly because it alerts your mind and body, making for a good long time(perhaps all night), if you catch my drift. Open figs look like the female genitalia and is traditionally thought of as a sexual stimulant as a man would eat it in a very sexy way in front of his woman(likely a demonstration). Honey is considered to increase potency. Freshly married couples would often drink lots of mead(a honey based drink) on their honeymoon. (I bet I just blew your mind.) This one's a bit far-fetched sounding as well, mustard. Lemme begin by pointing out that mustard is a terrible sounding word. When you say it the word just drops down heavy and has all kinds of sharp turns, not sexy at all. Then you have to think about the taste. Mustard is pretty awkward tasting for a sexual stimulant but it's supposed to stimulate sexual glands and increase desire. Next up we have what are described as, "Both invite love and are described in erotic literature as fruit nipples," the raspberry and strawberry. (That quote is directly from the first site featured below, by the way.) Dip some strawberries in dark chocolate for a really sexy time. [;

Well, my readers, if you want to know some more aphrodisiacs try this place. Or you can check some other places. I hope you enjoyed my blog. By the way, I am not promoting that you guys go out and stimulate other teenagers by brainwashing their bodies with sexually stimulating food. (I'm just teaching you how to do it in style for when the opportunity arrives.) Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment