Thursday, April 8, 2010

A new kind of ice cream sandwich


So I was perusing the internet when I came across quite the interesting specimen. An ice cream sandwich that instead of between cookies, it's between Poptarts. When I saw this my first instinct was to gravitate towards it because the picture was so cute and pretty but then I honestly though about it and all of the different combinations. There are close to thirty different flavors of Poptarts and countless flavors of ice cream. If a bakery or ice cream shop teamed up with Poptarts or made a Poptart from scratch and converted it into an ice cream sandwich snack, they could very easily make a fortune.

Our next Poptart creation is an "apple cranberry pie." This is an apple pie with chopped cranberries and walnuts topped with crumpled brown sugar Poptarts as a crust covering the pie. This idea also has a lot of unhealthy and perhaps disgusting potential.


Finally, we meet "PB&J banana sammies." These things seem to be one of the worst ideas. A wild grape Poptart sandwich with peanut butter and bananas inside. I like Poptarts but they've gone a bit far with their new creations. Yuck.

5 comments:

  1. Hehe, Poptarts are amazing. Poptart ice cream sandwich is mind blowing! I want to make one now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poptart ice cream sandwich looks amazing! If I had all the ingredients at my house right now i would go and make them! My mouth is watering at the sight of them! This dessert is so creative I don't know why I have never thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poptart ice cream sandwiches sound so delicious! I don't know why people hadn't thought of this creation before, I will probably try this the next time I buy some poptarts and ice cream. The only thing is although this sounds so good, it's probably really unhealthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ice cream sandwiches! They are so good!! But these ones that you showed they look a bit weird and some look nasty. But in overall I do live ice cream specially sandwiches. They are delicious and fun to eat. I really want to see what else is out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love poptarts, so these desserts actually sound appealing. Although these pictures look very appetizing, these desserts probably have a ton of calories. Pop tarts alone have a lot, and then add it to something like ice cream and it makes it so much worse for you.

    ReplyDelete