Tuesday, February 9, 2010

BACON?!?!?!?!?!


Ah, yes, bacon. This is a subject I plan to touch upon many times in this blog because there is a lot to write about when we are faced with this delectable food. I assure you will be both amazed, shocked, and maybe slightly disgusted. I'm going to start you off easy and today we're discussing the Bacon-of-the-month. This is a club by Americans, for Americans. You pay for a membership to have a pound of bacon delivered to your doorstep every month. And this isn't your plain old hickory smoked pig either, it is quality artisan bacon. The guy who runs this shenanigan, he knows his bacon too! There are bacon charts where they store their bacon to identify what kind of bacon each slice is (what part of the pig it's from). Apparently each bacon slice is like a bacon fingerprint. Serious business, man.
When you sign up you not only get a pound of bacon every month but they give you cool bacon merch as well. You'll receive informative notes on all bacon selections, discounts on The Grateful Palate bacon products, a club membership card, members only monthly bacon comic strip (That's right, members only!), a bacon of the month club pig ballpoint pen, a little rubber toy pig, a free bacon tee shirt, a recipe each month using the bacon selected, and last but certainly not least, a bacon nose! It's a bacon enthusiasts dream come true!
Want to join?(:

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I never heard of anything like this. I am a huge fan of bacon but hahaha a club!? I wonder how good the bacon really is, and now I'm really craving this food now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This club sounds oddly amazing? I love bacon so much! I mean you can put bacon on anything and I can assure you that it would taste significantly better. For example, steak wrapped in bacon. Now that is amazing! I am almost tempted to join this club! I am very shocked that there is actually a bacon club. I mean who wouldn't want a bacon shirt, mug, or hat? What shocks me even more about this club is that I have not heard of it before. I'm thinking that I might possibly join this bacon love club! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Wao," did you know some Jewish people don't eat pork? They believe it's an animal that is uncleaned because they can eat just about anything! If you think about it, every time I eat bacon a few days later I feel heavy and my mood is not that good. Do an experiment, eat bacon for a whole month every day then stop eating bacon for another whole month and see how you feel. xD

    ReplyDelete