Monday, January 25, 2010

Deep-fried Coke


Here's something that my boyfriend showed me thinking I'd find it interesting and boy did it blow my mind! Deep fried Coca-cola. It's down-right artery cringing scary. This new delicacy was founded, of course, at a state fair. Ah, state fairs, they bring us some of the greasiest, worst food you could possibly ever have and still, people will go specifically for the food. Not that I wouldn't. [; This concoction is Coca-Cola flavored batter deep-fried and drizzled with Coke fountain syrup. Then you top it off with whipped-cream, cinnamon sugar, and a cherry. Mm-mmmm good! My stomach is curdling and my throat feels greasy just thinking about it. Again, that won't stop me. I do plan to go and try this "thing" one day in hopes that it's not as absolutely dreadful as it sounds.
This treat came from none other than.... *drumrollllll* da da da DA! -- TEXAS! The lone star state were everything is super-sized, even the people! (Except for me, I was a fairly active child growing up there and escaped my large fate just in time. It is a truly compelling story that I shall save for another time in another blog.) The deep fried Coke won the founder, Abel Gonzales Jr., the creativity honor at the second-annual Big Tex Choice Awards Contest. So here's to you Abel, the man who Made soft drinks much more than something that will quench your sugary thirst but rather something that will shat on your arteries and block them from their thirst for blood.

5 comments:

  1. bleh! lol I'm not sure if I should be disgusted, scared, or attracted. Mostly bleh lol. But for some reason I want to try a bite of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I was scrolling up and down your blog this "thing" caught my eye. After reading your description I cannot imagine how this could possibly be good. Somethings are just too sweet, like giant pixie sticks, and I feel like this should be lumped into that category. Also you say that it is drizzled with coke fountain syrup.. That sounds downright disgusting. Coke syrup is way to thick and sugary for it to be good alone. That said.. if I saw this at a state fair I would be right behind you in line to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first saw this I wasn't sure if it was a joke! It looked fake and disgusting. Who in the world would invent something this weird? I couldn't imagine biting into deep-fried Coca Cola. Have you ever tried this weird invention? I hope not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people in this world are really creative. I don't think I would ever be able to come up with a food such as deep fried coke. In some ways I would want to try it, but in other ways I wonder if it's even worth trying, health-wise. This whole recipe is just one sugary mess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I was reading this blog I started thinking to myself "Oh God! You know how many calories this must have?! What about the sugar?!" But then I realized that if you enjoy it and only drink it once in a while it doesn't hurt anyone, as long as it's okay with your body, meaning you're not diabetic or have any other disease like this one.
    Personally, I think I wouldn't be able to have not even a zip of this crazy idea of "Deep-fried coke" because I am a health freak when it comes to really fattening food and drinks like the ones in fast-food restaurants.

    ReplyDelete